For anyone who’s watched the TV show “The Office” as religiously as I have, the classic “stapler in Jell-O” trick surely sounds familiar. It’s pretty much what the name describes: Simply make a batch of Jell-O, but make sure your colleague’s stapler is hidden inside the mold. As I said — classic. But what other, less conventional pranks are out there to add some kicks to an otherwise average day at the office?
We asked our friends and combed the internet for more examples of some of the funniest office pranks, and pulled together this list to serve as inspiration for your own work pranks.
Click here to download leadership lessons from HubSpot founder, Dharmesh Shah.
Every company has a story or two about that funny office prank of yore. Whether you’re doing some early April Fool’s Day research, or just feeling a little tricksy, it’s time to get a prank of your own in the books. Here are some ideas.
1) When Halloween is around the corner, these caramel onions are no match for other tricks (or treats).
2) And speaking of Halloween, here’s what nightmares are truly made of.
3) Fish food (hopefully) included.
4) We hope nobody called the paramedics.
5) Tighten the zip-tie, throw it … and run for your life.
6) The perfect use for those sticky notes that keep piling up.
7) Never ask your work buddy to unlock your phone for you.
8) That’s one way to make sure everyone’s alert before a meeting.
9) At least it’s not glitter?
10) For trolls, by trolls.
11) Oh look, a budget trip to the beach.
12) That’s it. You’re suspended.
13) Hey everyone, there’s cake up for grabs in the kitchen.
14) “I don’t know, I feel like my boss is always watching me.”
15) Simple, yet brilliant.
16) I’m not even mad. I’m just impressed.
17) This could actually make your cat-loving co-worker’s day.
18) “You said you wanted to spend more time with nature.”
19) For the prankster with NO SOUL.
20) Just the adrenaline rush you needed.
21) Warning: It could scare the bejeezus out of you, too.
Funny Pranks to Pull on Your Boss
22) “For the man who never has enough time.”
23) … Or anyone, really, who never has enough time — regardless of decor preferences.
24) Sometimes, you’re not sure how to ask for another day off.
25) Congratulations, you finally learned about your manager’s celebrity anti-crush.
26) When words just aren’t enough to express your sentiment.
27) “Hey chief, I found a spider on your desk, but don’t worry — it’s been handled.”