Working with high-specialized products services means having low competition. However, the downside of it is the challenge of finding and attracting the right audience.
Standing on the threshold of the ICO stage, Black Insurance needed to secure a successful promotion campaign to proceed. Instead of starting with a blast of emails, the company chose to build the outbound routes via account-based marketing: a well-calculated and highly personalized approach to the right group and the right type of investors.
Since blockchain is still a relatively new word in the insurance industry, Black Insurance needed to locate and engage the investors with a 100% probability to take interest in their product. That required lots of exclusive, custom data that was unobtainable through purchasing a generic lead database.
Our main task was to research, find and deliver leads that match the unique qualifiers of the client. Within our work with Black Insure, we performed several types of research:
- Test leads research;
- Granular database research;
To evaluate Belkins’ services, the customer ordered a list of test leads first. Black Insurance’s qualifiers were the following:
- Investors for Private Presale Stage;
- Whales, Crypto Funds, VC funds;
- Average investment 2M - 45M;
- Global reach.
After reviewing the results, the client ordered granular database research.
Detail-oriented research is a complicated and time-consuming process when it’s not handled by an expert team. It requires skill with data research tools, awareness of the data fields to explore and the ability to work with custom data qualifiers.
Within the full research, Black Insurance ICP was expanded with the following requirements:
- Companies the targeted investors invested in;
- Sorting and processing responses received from target recipients;
- Average investment volume;
- Links to the official press release publication.
Additionally, Black Insurance required a list of journalists specialized in writing about ICO-s and crypto. The custom qualifiers for this research were:
- Recent articles;
- Direct email address;
To research and assess the leads across the data platforms, we used such tools as Hunter, Name2Email, RocketReach and then processed the gathered lead data to ensure that our finalized list includes only the most relevant titles.
- With the ICO stage (June 2018) successfully complete, Black Insurance gathered a solid base for continuing platform development, introducing the alpha and beta platforms, signing up first users, and gaining investors;
- The 10-person team of Belkins researchers was able to hand-curate a database of pre-qualified leads;
- Having previously worked with ready-made databases that could provide only 70% quality, Black Insurance received hand-curated lists of pre-qualified lists that had a 95% quality rate and matched their ICP closely;
- Black Insurance received 2000 target investors leads and 500 contacts of crypto-focused journalists.
Some of the industries rely on affiliate marketing to find and get leads. However, this method is not guaranteed to deliver high-value prospects with the potential to be converted into long-term partners. Not to mention that it can take some time before affiliate marketing brings sufficient results, which is not always an option.
Knowing your prospects in advance and contacting them with an offer that is guaranteed to catch their professional and financial interest would give you a headstart over your potential competitors who are too looking for investors and backers for their project.
Data and knowledge are your bread and cutter. Running market research before starting a campaign allows you to map potential partners and backers and secure the success of your event.