This term defines all stages through which a business finds buyers, qualifies leads, and closes deals.
Typically, a sales funnel consists of multiple phases.
Depending on the specific sales model, the number of stages may differ. For example, the AIDA model assumes four steps:
- Awareness – when a customer becomes aware of a service or product
- Interest – when a client expresses interest in a service or product
- Desire – when a customer decides he wants to buy a particular product
- Action – when a client closes a deal
- Evaluation (when a customer compares a company and its products to competitors)
- Reevaluation (when a client decides whether to repurchase from a particular brand or not)