The main mission of a sales advisor is to discover each customer’s unique needs, suggest products and services that suit them most, and encourage purchases. One of the core responsibilities for this job is to provide customers with comprehensive info regarding a company’s range of products and services. They should be able to explain the key features and benefits of every product. Also, if a position implies working in a physical store, a sales advisor is also responsible for helping customers locate products on the sales floor. Finally, this role may imply processing customer payments as well.
Successful sales advisors need to be enthusiastic, outgoing, and energetic. They are expected to provide a high quality of customer service and assistance to maximize the likelihood of a purchase. A sales advisor is expected to have a deep understanding of the customers’ needs and excellent knowledge of a company’s assortment of goods. The key goal of this job is to drive sustainable growth and facilitate sales.
Typically, a standard sales advisor job description lists the following responsibilities:
- Arranging products on shelves
- Communicating with customers and providing them with advice on the products they may need
- Informing clients about the products and services of a company, their features, as well as general terms such as returns
- Facilitating sales by advising customers on the products that suit their needs most
- Helping clients locate the needed products
- Handling customers’ complaints
- Taking and recording customers’ orders
- Expanding a company’s customer database
- Monitoring inventory
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of a store