A sales coordinator is a vital member of every sales team. They always stay behind the scenes, meanwhile, providing the whole team with the necessary support. Unlike other members of a sales team, sales coordinators are not responsible for selling a company’s products and services Their mission is to coordinate the flow of those products or services to customers. These people are there to ensure that marketing, sales, and deliveries are handled right.
Also, they are in charge of managing territories and schedules of sales team staff. They are also involved in setting sales objectives and managing training schedules. Also, sales coordinators may be responsible for supplying the team members with the needed up-to-date material.
The main duties of a sales coordinator include:
- Hiring and training sales team members
- Making sure that team members have the most relevant and up-to-date materials
- Ensuring that sales targets are being met
- Coordinating the flow of products or services to customers
- Ensuring that the sales, order, and delivery processes run smoothly
- An eye for detail
- Computer software