In a nutshell, a sales strategist’s mission is to figure out the best ways to engage prospects and existing clients to increase the sales volume and drive more revenue.
- A typical sales strategist job description includes such duties as:
- Researching markets and trends
- Setting goals and quotas
- Leveraging the best sales techniques
- Generating new trade ideas
- Helping a sales team to meet their objectives and succeed
To land a position of a sales strategist, a person is typically required to have a Bachelors’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related fields. In addition, most employers require candidates to have 3+ years of experience.
Some of the key skills and knowledge required for this job include:
- Responsible sales planning and counseling
- Innovative thinking and creativity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of a variety of industries and markets
- Understanding customers’ needs
- Analytical thinking