Since CemtrexLabs targeted several segments, the company encountered issues from multiple directions.
- Small and medium businesses. While finding the right person at large corporations proved to be a challenge, the client also had problems crafting a message for small and medium-sized companies. It was necessary to find the right wording and highlight the benefits relevant to such businesses.
- Startups. The client targeted startups that received Series A funding. However, the search wasn’t delivering any prospects that would fit the ICP.
- Event agencies. In the wake of COVID-19, it was the most productive direction. Many enterprises that relied on events to generate new customers needed assistance with switching from live events to virtual ones.
- Companies using Drupal. Since Drupal 7 was approaching its end-of-life, many businesses were going to face the need to change their content management system and switch to another platform. Some potential customers already knew about it and started considering WordPress, while other prospects were yet to realize the necessity to implement changes. It is the reason why this segment was rather complicated and required in-depth research and surgically precise wording. They helped to prove the client’s expertise and explain why it’s relevant to potential customers’ needs.
What we did
A) Initial strategy
The client relied on F2F meetings to accelerate sales. Following this strategy, we stuck to our usual routine:
- Targeting. We targeted Retail, Fashion, Apparel, and Entertainment companies that worked in New York, USA, and were open to face-to-face meetings with the client’s representatives.
- Template writing. We used a set of templates directed at smoothly motivating prospects to schedule a face-to-face (F2F) meeting with a CemtrexLabs representative.
- Nurturing. Our SDRs guided the prospects through every stage of the sales funnel to make sure they reached its narrow end and could be handed over to the client’s sales teams.
B) Corona scenario
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, we have seen a sharp decline in F2F meetings. Our results for F2F campaigns kept dropping throughout December, with a number of negative responses exceeding the number of booked meetings.
In our case, the impending COVID-19 crisis was the culprit. As new limitations and travel bans were implemented, we had to think on our feet and rework our templates, approaches, and sales development methods for CemtrexLabs.
This was, without a doubt, a challenging case for our team. In order to optimize each direction and squeeze the maximum productivity out of every campaign, we ran a lot of analytics, sat through multiple brainstorms, and launched multiple A|B testing campaigns.
1) Small and medium businesses
In order to cover and engage as many target audience groups as possible, we were extra careful about picking the right approach. Our copywriting teams tried out at least six templates and cadences before we were able to figure out the most effective campaign.
Looking for startups that recently received Series A funding was also a complicated process, so we narrowed our search requirements down to 50 leads per week.
3) Event companies
This direction was the life-saver during the pandemic. After the cancellation of presentations, conferences, meetings, conventions, and several other live events, businesses from this segment needed assistance with adapting to the new reality of social distancing and quarantine. They required readjusting their way of promoting their services, building communication strategies, and promoting new virtual events.
This is why the services of CemtrexLabs were incredibly relevant to such prospects, so our research, template writing, and wording didn’t take much time to implement.
4) Drupal users
Drupal is a go-to option for content-heavy websites with a focus on building a professional image. Companies that use this software often require a vendor who understands Drupal and can provide developers with a complicated content management system and a transitioning option to other platforms.
- Optimized templates. Some Drupal users were unaware of Drupal 7 reaching its end-of-life in 2021; some were already thinking about switching to WordPress or another content management system. Both of them were important to the client. CemtrexLabs has experts working with Drupal and smoothly changing platforms whenever necessary.
- Expanded the client’s Ideal Customer Profile. Understanding the way other customers use technology takes lots of precision and research. In order to drive accurate data, we started with expanding the client’s Ideal Customer Profile.
5) LinkedIn drip campaigns
In addition to all our outreach and research campaigns, we kept warming our prospects up on LinkedIn to propel their interest in the client’s product and build connections. These campaigns were centered on touching LinkedIn base and smoothly questioning the prospects about their business continuity plan.